/* */ Snippets of a Wanderer

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Dear diary,

I'm back in Toronto. Is it for good? I don't know. Time will tell. All I can say is that my trip back here was a hellish experience. Imagine being in transit for more than 30 freakin' hours!! Here's a summary:

- waited to board the plane in Manila bound for Hong Kong (10 hours)
- got another flight instead to San Francisco
- flight got bumped up to 1st class (wheee!!) after much ranting ranting

- waited in the Mabuhay Class with the rest of the sosi people (OMG!! Soooo many spoiled brats in this place. Some people can't even get their own soda!! I swear!! I wouldn't be surprised at all if they had help to unzip their pants so that they can pee. For argument's sake, and for the sake of sparing myself the flaming comments, I'll just say that there are a lot of airheads and dits here. Eugh!! Kill me if I ever turn into one!)
- got to San Francisco
- no seats booked for family (WHAT THE xxxx ?!?)
- after much ranting yet again, got another flight to Chicago
- waited 3 hours to board a flight to Toronto
- check out
- 8 checked in luggages (5 boxes and 3 luggages)...all mishandled
- 5 completely wrecked and soaking wet boxes, 3 minor damaged luggages (ARGH!! BASTARDS!!)
- 3 missing carry on luggages (long story, had to check them in 'coz there was no space in the passenger cabin)
- 3 missing luggages to be delivered to the hotel ( half a day's wait)
- had to bitch and complain and bitch some more to the travel advisor because they had no freakin' clue as to where our missing luggages were

And all it took was over 30 hours to get everything settled in. AYAYAY!! Talk about luck huh?

I'm here now and everything seems so different. I don't hear and see the usual rush of Manila traffic or hear the noise of a videoke singer trying hard to be the next Philippine Idol next door. I mean sure, I've lived here for about 14 years of my life and I've gone back and forth but this time it's different. I miss my friends. I miss hangin' at Greenbelt. I miss hanging out at 1 of the many many many many many many many Starbucks. I miss the tropical humid heat (no really, I do). I miss the tropical plants and trees. Lastly, I miss the one person that is special and that really matters to me the most. Sigh...


All I can do I guess is wait 6 months from now to see and feel everything that I'm missing now.

Oh well...for now, it's time for breakfast.

Laterz!