/* */ Snippets of a Wanderer

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The City That Doesn't Sleep

Yeah, I know. I haven't posted since my trip from Seattle. I'm actually in Seattle again as I'm typing this out for another engagement. Yup...busy busy busy. I'm just glad that I'm being sent to interesting places and not some place that's out in the boonies.

So in any case, let me post some pics that I took from my engagement last week. You got it...the Big Apple! Yes oh me oh my!! This city really does not sleep. Sure I've been here a couple of times before but I tell ya...even at 12am on a weekday, this city is buzzing with people.





My first stop after a very late flight into NYC is a famous Japanese restaurant called "Benihana" and oh my. The food...exquisite!! You got your Japanese chef doing his little juggling act infront of you as he cooks your food.







The next day, I figured I'd take a stroll. HAHAHAH! Funny how I define "taking a stroll". I walked 15 blocks in the last 3 hours of sunlight I had left. I first ended up near Radio City and the NBC building.



I was contemplating whether to spend the extra bucks for entrance to take pictures of the interior. I figured nah. There were better pictures to take such as the Rockafeller Center.





Yup…we’ve seen this place in a lot of movies. My biggest regret is that I never waited ‘til evening to take a shot of this place. I’m sure it’s quite pretty at night with all the coloured lights and all.



Across the Rockafeller Center is the "Top of the Rock". It's an observation deck where you could take pictures galore of the entire city. Geezuz...I swear. This place is a tourist spot.





I bumped into people who had better cameras with lenses big enough to zoom into someone's nostrils who are taking pictures with the same type of cameras at the top of the Empire State Building. Geez...I wish I had a camera as good as theirs. Well...for now, let me at least outgrow mine.


Sooooo, anywayz, I figured I'd take two different types of pictures of NYC. One while the sun was setting and the other when the moon was up. Hmm...somewhat hazy. Well...that's because it just stopped raining. I wish it had been clearer. If it had been, I'd definitely print out a poster sized pic, frame it and hang it in my living room. Oh well...there's always a next time and another place. :)



Ok...time to go back to my hotel. Oh wait!! Time Square!! How can I forget!? Yeah, it was definitely worth the time to walk over to Time Square and take some night pics. I finally got the chance to try out my new filters. You can tell from the streaking lights of the taxi cabs. I can see why this is the place to be during New Year's. This place is lit up like a Christmas Tree.



So many places to visit such as the Hard Rock Cafe, Toys 'R Us (yeah, I'm still a kid), the Art Nouveau and the Paramount Building. Well lots more. I just didn't bother going in anywhere else. Can you imagine the "block" parties they have here? Woooh! Exciting!!









Alright...it's 10pm. I really need to get back. After all, it's still NY and I value my life as much as the next Joe. Here's a picture of a fountain situated in front of Chase Manhattan. The cool or somewhat "electric" blue light caught my attention and I just had to take a pic of it.



Well…it was good ‘til it lasted. Anywayz, the other shots I took of NY can be viewed at http://www.flickr.com/photos/wanderingwanderer/. The next pics I’ll be taking when I go back will be the Twin Towers Memorial and definitely Liberty Island.