/* */ Snippets of a Wanderer

Monday, September 04, 2006

Lazy, hazy, yet colourful day…

So I finally decided to do something different this weekend. Since my arrival here in Toronto, my weekends have been reduced to buying my weekly metro pass, sitting on the couch and channel surfing. Not that I don’t mind veggin’ out a few times but really now…it’s becoming a routine. It’s ludicrously boring.

This weekend, I took the subway to Toronto and walked around a bit. The first thing that I did was hit the nearest Starbucks Café and indulged myself to a much deserved and much missed Mocha Frap. Maybe it’s me, but quite honestly, I found this particular branch, and for lack of a better word, “groovy”. It had all the qualities of a Starbucks but more. This one actually had “pizzaz”. Not pizzas, "puh-zazz". The atmosphere in this particular Starbucks has a flair that closely resembles that of Friends’ Central Perk. It had a few leather couches, and oh boy were they comfy!! They also had some very interesting paintings. Additionally, have you ever seen a Starbucks with a small library? They have a sizeable amount of good paperbacks sitting on a bookshelf. Not too shabby. Yup! If I lived only a few minutes away from this branch, I’d be here everyday after work and every Saturday/Sunday morning.

So, on to the next scene, Eaton Centre. If you’re in Toronto, you MUST visit the Eaton Centre. It’s one of the biggest malls in Toronto and it’s a hotspot for mallrats, shoppers, photographers, tourists and your average family. It’s great.

So what’s this mall like you ask? Think of it as Greenbelt (Makati, Philippines) the size of Mega Mall (Makati, Philippines). You’ll find all sorts of goodies, trinkets and the latest gadget and fashion here. As a matter of fact, the latest addition to this mall is an Apple Store. YES!! We now have our own Apple Store!! Wooohooo! Yeah, suffice it to say, I had to wipe the drool off my face and rip myself out of this store before they called security. It was heaven, and yet, it was torture…but what the hell…oooh!! Eye candy!!! TOYS!!! Yeah … I know … I’m a freak.


Ahhh…last but not least, back to the comfy confines of my own home. Trust me, I was out for more than half the day. There’s a lot more to do outside of the Eaton Centre. LOTS more. I figured I’d save the shots for another weekend. I gotta go back for that nice fountain just outside the mall. Unfortunately, it was raining and I didn’t want to ruin the camera. That and the shots would’ve been dreadful.

In any case, it was a great Saturday. I look forward to the next one.