/* */ Snippets of a Wanderer

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Seattle Part 2

Yup, I'm here again. I'm sure this isn't the last of my trips here. I just hope my company doesn't send me here all the time. I'd like to see other places such as Florida or Virginia. Hey...I'd even take a trip to Alaska just for a change! Oh well. I didn't have enough time to really walk around and take pictures of places that I never visited from my previous trip. Well...it's not like the weather would've cooperated with me anyway. Seattle is infamous for its rainy days and nights.


In any case, I ended up with a couple of really good pics such as the picture taken from the marina in front of my hotel. I think it's my favourite picture up to date. The reflection of the skyscrapers on the water, the docked boats and the pier. From what I've seen so far, I think this is life for these people. Unlike some of us who are used to being in the city, or the islands, the beach or the nightlife serves as an outlet for a carefree weekend bliss. People in Seattle "dig" the marina.

A few beers here and there while eating fresh oysters or just a simple stroll down the pier to catch a glimpse of the sun setting on the horizon.







This pic's taken from a restaurant called "The Fish Club" by Todd English. Must be a famous guy. I swear, there are a lot of really well known or most talked about chefs in Seattle. It's got to be the seafood. I heard the Alaskan Crab is a favourite here among the natives. Well, this restaurant is really posh. I felt a little out of place myself when I went in in my jeans and a polo shirt. Everyone was really well dressed as if there was some big shindig happening. I'll be prepped next time. This restaurant serves not just seafood, but also "turf" food for us land lovers. What's to die here is their Clam Chowder. I have never had clam chowder so damn good in my life. It was rich and creamy, it had scallops and fresh clams. It was so good I ordered it throughout my whole stay in the hotel. Good thing they have room service. heheheh

Well...for now, I gotz to jet. I gotta prep for my next flight tomorrow. Back to Seattle!! hahaha! Hopefully, I'll get a chance to a take a pic of the Pike Market Place shows. It's something to do with fishermen who throw fish at each other when they're ordered. Yup! People order fish, the fishermen juggle and throw it around before getting cleaned and packed.